I hadn’t planned this recipe at all, it was one of those throw together left over items in the fridge kind of pudding but it turned out to be completely and utterly delicious so I just had to share it! It also only took 15 minutes to make and it could make a very yummy breakfast too! Two days ago I made a batch of Rhubarb & Ginger Jam which, for my first jam, i’m really rather impressed with. It’s my favourite flavour of the Tiptree jams so I thought i’d try to make it myself – it worked amazingly! Anyhow, this meant I had some leftover rhubarb but not quite enough to make anything substantial with it. Cue strawberries…..they’re on offer in Sainsbury’s for £1.50, bargain. Oh and add a splash of port and it’s like heaven in a glass. Rhubarb, strawberries, port. I’m sure it’s been done before but what a wonderful combination!
I’m on a bit of a health kick at the moment after my indulgence of eating everything I could see in San Sebastian last week and also trying to get my body in some kind of fit state again to start competing in my upcoming triathlons. So whilst I still always seem to need some kind of pudding after dinner i’m trying to go for the slightly less indulgent options and coming up with healthier recipes to satisfy my sweet tooth in the evenings. Hopefully this fits that bill for many of you as well but without sacrificing any of the yumminess 🙂
Makes enough for 1 tumbler sized dessert
- 100g rhubarb
- 150g strawberries
- Splash of port (optional)
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons 0% Greek yogurt
- Drizzle of honey
- Sprinkling of granola
- Chop the rhubarb into 2cm pieces and half the strawberries
- Put the fruit, sugar and port (if using) into a saucepan and cook on a medium heat with the lid on until completely softened into a compote.
- Layer up a glass with layers of the compote, yogurt, honey and granola until the glass is full